Sure, we know there are 3 more weeks before Valentine’s Day, but with everyone’s busy schedules, why not print out this week’s tips to save some time and energy once the week of approaches? (Cupid will thank you!) Today we’re loving Scout’s Mini Almighty in Graceline Stripe:
Send the girls off to school with cards, stamps, and candy in this perfectly-sized tote! We like Retrostockart.com, Hipstercards.com, and Cavallini.com for cute & clever notes; visit the USPS site for the ‘Love: King & Queen of Hearts’ stamps collection; check out Retrocandyonline.com for easy browsing of classic Valentine’s sweets.
For your gal pals, use the Mini Almighty to store small Valentine’s gifts! Tarina Tarantino’s lucite baubles and heart designs make up the totally appropriate gift that simply says, ‘Thinking of You!’
Mark your calendar…
Valentine’s day is 3 weeks from today!
FOR EATING in Foggy Bottom, we pick:
- BLUE DUCK TAVERN for thoroughly comforting contemporary American
- FOUNDING FARMERS for an extensive selection of sustainably-made food in a hip setting
- KINKEAD’S for fresh seafood prepared in inventive ways
- RIS for a perfectly executed meal with just-right flavors
- WESTEND BISTRO for out-of-this world creations from French Chef Eric Ripert
- BARCODE for simple and tasty updates on classic Italian cuisine
- NOTTI BIANCHE for delicious Italian in a smaller setting
POST-NOSH, bring along Scout’s Original Deano and visit the following:
- TRADER JOE’s yes, it’s technically a grocery store, but look inside for a fantastic selection of grab-and-go foods/meals from a variety of cuisines!
- BREADLINE for a light lunch with tasty soups, salads, and freshly-baked breads
- WILLARD HOTEL take a walk around the property of this beautiful hotel, established in 1850!
- WHITE HOUSE the First Family’s home is only a couple blocks away from the Willard… take a peek through the fence! (People do it all the time!)