Dressing for the Holidays, Blacktie Ready December 12, 2014
Featured SCOUT Bag: Spirit Liftah, Off the Chain & Good Will Bunting
1. Giambattista Valli, Embellished Satin Slingback Pumps 2. Manolo Blahnik, Hangisi 3. Manolo Blahnik, Jeweled-buckle Sandal 4. Oscar de la Renta, Bow-embellished Satin Pumps 5. Alexander McQueen, Floral Gown 6. Nina Ricci, Crepe Panel Gown 7. BCBG, Color-block Gown 8. Lanvin, Draped Satin Gown 9. BCBG, Draped Jersey Evening Gown 10. Alexander McQueen, Creep Combo Gown
Dressing for the Holidays: Snowbunny December 10, 2014
Featured SCOUT: 11. Junque Trunk, Remember the Tartans
1. Meteo by Yves Salomo, Ear Muffs 2.Barbara Bui, Shearling Coat 3. Donna Karan, Double Layer Puffer Jacket 4. Moncler, Liane Long Season Packable Vest 5. Burberry Brit, Down Jacket 6. Moncler, Shiny Fitted Puffer Jacket 7. Cushy Cashmere Scarf 8. Kate Spade, Speak of the Devil Hat 9. Kate Spade, Oh Joy Santa Mitten 10. Moncler, Printed Snow Boot
Thanksgiving Inspired Looks, Pumpkin Pie November 27, 2014
Featured SCOUT Bag: Oh Buck It, Chai T
1. Narciso Rodriguez, Two-Tone Collarless Coat 2. Gucci, Striped Knit Cotton Sweater 3. Gucci, Python-collar Silk Dress 4.Ralph Lauren Collection, Paola Block-Heel Leather Sandals 5. Zara, Double Layer Combined Top 6. Giuseppe Zanotti, Croc-Print Leather High-Top Sneakers 7. Canada Goose, Camp Puffer Jacket 8. Zara, Patent Ballet Flat
- Brush edges of pie shells with a damp pastry brush; arrange leaves around edges, pressing to adhere. Whisk 1 egg and cream in a small bowl. Brush leaves with egg wash. Cut 2 large circles of parchment; fit into pie shells, extending above edges. Fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake pie shells 15 minutes. Remove weights and parchment; bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more. Cool completely on wire racks.
- If using fresh pumpkin, discard seeds. Scoop out flesh, using a large spoon, into a food processor. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Measure out 3 cups, and transfer pumpkin to a large bowl (reserve any remaining for another use; if using canned pumpkin, add that to the bowl instead). Add brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, nutmeg, remaining 6 eggs, and evaporated milk; whisk until combined.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Place pie shells on rimmed baking sheets. Divide pumpkin mixture evenly between shells. Bake until all but centers are set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let pies cool completely on wire racks. Cut into wedges, and serve with whipped cream.
Thanksgiving Inspired Looks, Mashed Potatoes November 26, 2014
Featured SCOUT Bag: Original Deano, Midas Well
1. Carven, Oversized Curly Coat 2. Nina Ricci, Ruffled Lace Skirt 3. Helmut Lang, Fur-Collar Felt Coat 4. Maison Rabih Kayrouz, Fringed Dress 5. Jil Sander, Fluted Duster Jacket 6. Thom Brown, White & Gold Metallic Longwing Brogues 7. Dolce & Gabbana, Nude Crystal Accent Patent Flats 8. Chloe, Goergette Tiered Ruffled Skirt
Thanksgiving Inspired Looks, Green Bean Casserole November 25, 2014