Thanksgiving Inspired Looks, Pumpkin Pie November 27, 2014
Featured SCOUT Bag: Oh Buck It, Chai T
1. Narciso Rodriguez, Two-Tone Collarless Coat 2. Gucci, Striped Knit Cotton Sweater 3. Gucci, Python-collar Silk Dress 4.Ralph Lauren Collection, Paola Block-Heel Leather Sandals 5. Zara, Double Layer Combined Top 6. Giuseppe Zanotti, Croc-Print Leather High-Top Sneakers 7. Canada Goose, Camp Puffer Jacket 8. Zara, Patent Ballet Flat
- Brush edges of pie shells with a damp pastry brush; arrange leaves around edges, pressing to adhere. Whisk 1 egg and cream in a small bowl. Brush leaves with egg wash. Cut 2 large circles of parchment; fit into pie shells, extending above edges. Fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake pie shells 15 minutes. Remove weights and parchment; bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more. Cool completely on wire racks.
- If using fresh pumpkin, discard seeds. Scoop out flesh, using a large spoon, into a food processor. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Measure out 3 cups, and transfer pumpkin to a large bowl (reserve any remaining for another use; if using canned pumpkin, add that to the bowl instead). Add brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, nutmeg, remaining 6 eggs, and evaporated milk; whisk until combined.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Place pie shells on rimmed baking sheets. Divide pumpkin mixture evenly between shells. Bake until all but centers are set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let pies cool completely on wire racks. Cut into wedges, and serve with whipped cream.
Thanksgiving Inspired Looks, Mashed Potatoes November 26, 2014
Featured SCOUT Bag: Original Deano, Midas Well
1. Carven, Oversized Curly Coat 2. Nina Ricci, Ruffled Lace Skirt 3. Helmut Lang, Fur-Collar Felt Coat 4. Maison Rabih Kayrouz, Fringed Dress 5. Jil Sander, Fluted Duster Jacket 6. Thom Brown, White & Gold Metallic Longwing Brogues 7. Dolce & Gabbana, Nude Crystal Accent Patent Flats 8. Chloe, Goergette Tiered Ruffled Skirt
Thanksgiving Inspired Looks, Green Bean Casserole November 25, 2014
Featured SCOUT Bag: Two Plate Special, Off the Chain
1. Katie Ermilio, Bow-detail Satin Dress 2.ERDEM, Brenton embellished wool-crepe and jersey dress 3. Givenchy, Sequin Silk-crepe Dress 4. Dolce & Gabbana, Crystal-embellishe Wool Coat 5. Joseph, Commando Cargo Pants 6. No.21, Brunilde Sequin Pants 7. Prada, Fringe-Trim T-Pumps 8. Valentino, Rockstud Ballerina Flat
Thanksgiving Inspired Looks, Cranberry Sauce November 24, 2014
Summer in the City June 20, 2014
After traveling around to different cities over the week, it’s time to make our way home to Washington D.C. SCOUT’s HQ is located in the historic D.C. neighborhood, Georgetown! To give you the best of D.C. we asked some of our Washington native employees what their favorite things are to do in the summer.
1. Caroline Herrera dress 2. Stella McCartney sunglasses 3. Dolce & Gabbana pumps 4. SCOUT Miss Manors in Blackout Scout
Visit the Omni Shoreham Hotel pool or make a splash in the Georgetown Waterfront fountain to cool off in the humid summer days. Grab a picnic dinner and some lawn chairs for Screen on the Green on the National Mall. Lemonade from Founding Farmers is a favorite way to stay hydrated, and Kafe Leopold or Blue Duck Tavern are the perfect outdoor lunch spots. Two of our SCOUT girls, Caroline and Megan, are seen enjoying some of their favorite summer spots!
5. Dolce & Gabbana 3-piece 6. SCOUT BJ bag in Coral Dilemma 7. Marc by Marc Jacobs watch 8. Gianvito Rossi pumps
Make sure to stick to florals and bright colors to match the D.C. summer flair!
9. SCOUT Original Deano in Raspberry Fizz 10. Roland Mouret dres 11. Ralph Lauren colored skinnies 12. Kaufman Franco blazer
13. Superga neon sneakers
19 Great Eateries and 3 Openings January 23, 2013
1. Graffiato by Mike Isabella
2. for the ‘see and be seen’ scene, Café Milano in Georgetown
3. a classic, Ted’s Bulletin
4. Union Market in NE is a new must-visit
MORE DELICIOUS SPOTS
1. Bandolero by Mike Isabella
2. Aqua al 2
5. Bar Pilar
7. Oyamel by Jose Andres
9. off the beaten path, visit Kafe Leopold
10. Pie Sisters of Georgetown
11. for a tea break visit Teaism
12. for coffee, stop into Peregrine’s new location
13. for cupcakes Baked & Wired is our favorite
14. off the beaten path but a must-eat is Stachowski’s at 28th and P in Georgetown (neighborhood)
OPENINGS TO COME (TALK AMONGST THE FOODIES)
1. potential for Stephen Starr’s Le Diplomate to open down on 14th Street
2. Mike Isabella might be opening Kapnos
3. Good Stuff in Georgetown