Holiday Gift Guide for the Trendsetter December 4, 2014
Featured SCOUT Bag: 1. Miss Manors, Blackout SCOUT
2. L’ORIGINE CANDLE 3. Moschino, Cheap & Chic Heart Finger Gloves 4. PREEN BY THORNTON BREGAZZI, Tara bi-colour ted-satin dress 5. Zac, Zac Posen, Leather Cluadette Fringe Tassel Crossbody 6. Scoop, Knit and Rabbit Fur Earmuffs 7. Comme Ded Garcons, Play Black 8. Venessa Arizaga, OMG Bracelet 9. Blackmeans, Padded Shoulder Moto Jacket 10. Astier De Villatte, Nathalie Dessert Plate 11. Alison Lou, Diamond, enamel & yellow-gold #1 necklace 12. Finn, Heart & Arrow Earrings 13. Loren Stewart, Gold Saftey Pins Earrings
Holiday Gift Guide for Men December 2, 2014
Featured SCOUT Bag: 5. The BJ Bag, Breaking Plaid
1. Ralph Lauren, Lightweight Quilted Jacket 2. Alexander McQueen, Leather Wrap Bracelet 3. Barneys New York, Dotted Socks 4. Jack Spade, Scrooge Hat 6. Paul Smith, Black Leather and Graphic Grage Interior Wallet 7. Paul Smith, Headphones 8. Urban Outfitter, Touchscreen Glove 9. Paul Stuart, Black/Grey Color Block Cashmere Scarf 10. GoPro, HERO4 Silver 11. Jack Spade, Mason Shaker Kit 12. Paul Stuart, Kiwi Quilted Vest
Holiday Gift Guide, Cyber Monday December 1, 2014
Visit SCOUT for great Cyber Monday deals and gift ideas!
Thanksgiving Inspired Looks, Pumpkin Pie November 27, 2014
Featured SCOUT Bag: Oh Buck It, Chai T
1. Narciso Rodriguez, Two-Tone Collarless Coat 2. Gucci, Striped Knit Cotton Sweater 3. Gucci, Python-collar Silk Dress 4.Ralph Lauren Collection, Paola Block-Heel Leather Sandals 5. Zara, Double Layer Combined Top 6. Giuseppe Zanotti, Croc-Print Leather High-Top Sneakers 7. Canada Goose, Camp Puffer Jacket 8. Zara, Patent Ballet Flat
- Brush edges of pie shells with a damp pastry brush; arrange leaves around edges, pressing to adhere. Whisk 1 egg and cream in a small bowl. Brush leaves with egg wash. Cut 2 large circles of parchment; fit into pie shells, extending above edges. Fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake pie shells 15 minutes. Remove weights and parchment; bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more. Cool completely on wire racks.
- If using fresh pumpkin, discard seeds. Scoop out flesh, using a large spoon, into a food processor. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Measure out 3 cups, and transfer pumpkin to a large bowl (reserve any remaining for another use; if using canned pumpkin, add that to the bowl instead). Add brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, nutmeg, remaining 6 eggs, and evaporated milk; whisk until combined.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Place pie shells on rimmed baking sheets. Divide pumpkin mixture evenly between shells. Bake until all but centers are set, 35 to 40 minutes. Let pies cool completely on wire racks. Cut into wedges, and serve with whipped cream.