Back to School Seattle Style
1. SCOUT Pocket Rocket in Cheverly Hills
Blue Jasmine Photo Courtesy of Dallas News
Blue Jasmine Poster Photo Courtesy of Flick Minute
1. Lela Rose Kaleidoscope Organza Dress 2. Mary Katrantzou Cherry Blossom Dress 3. Prabal Gurung Bow Shoulder Dress 4. Red Valentino Fit and Flare Cocktail Dress 5. Christian Louboutin Drapesse 6. Stuart Weitzman Ratatat Suede Stud Sandal 7. Jimmy Choo Vamp Crisscross Sandal 8. Christian Louboutin Grusanda Bow-Embellished Satin Sandals
1. SCOUT Polly HotPocket in Sonic Bloom
Manhattan Poster Photo Courtesy of Tumblr
Manhattan Gallery Photo Courtesy of Blog Spot
1. Helmut Slouchy Blazer 2. Rick Owen Wide Leg Pants 3. Stella McCartney Triple-Lapel Tuxedo Jacket 4. Anne Fontaine Milana Shirt 5. Equipment Signature Button 6. Stella McCartney Mathilda Tuxedo Jacket 7. Gucci Horsebit Loafers
1. SCOUT Original Deano in Tiley Cyrus
Midnight in Paris Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia
Marion Cotillard Photo Courtesy of The Vogue Vibes
1. Tiffany & Co. Black Onyx Tassel Necklace 2. Dannijo Rio Necklace 3. Alice + Olivia Abigail Beaded Open-Back Gown 4. Alice + Olivia Tank Dress 5. Oscar de la Renta Draped Velvet Gown 6. Brunello Cucinelli Sleeveless Monili Fringe Top 7. Sergio Rossi Crystal Pumps
1. SCOUT Weekender in The Real Houseweaves
Movie Poster Photo Courtesy of Maximum Tenderness
Penélope Cruz Photo Courtesy of Time Inc.
Scarlett Johansson Photo Courtesy of Marie Claire
1. Herve Leger One-Shoulder Bandage Dress 2. Calypso Cinnamon Fringe Earrings 3. Calypso Felicity Rainbow Ikat Maxi Dress 4. Calypso Anima Bead Embellished Tee 5. The Row Fall 2013 #20 6. Tim Ryan Fringed Knit Skirt 7. Diba Camel Suede Boots 8. Jimmy Choo Fedora Fringe Sandal
1. Didier Ludot Short Dress
Bride Wars Photo Courtesy of Anangaya
Didier Ludot Paris Shop Photo Courtesy of The Huffington Post
1. Alex Sepkus Mali Garnet Ring 2. Carolina Herrera Lace-Print Jacquard Dress 3. Kate Spade Joyann Dress 4. Shoshanna Jewel-Neck Peplum Dress 5. Alex Sepkus Little Window Aqua Ring 6. Asos Vintage Style Cocktail Ring 7. Tempest St. Clair Classic Faceted Ringin Peridot
1. Iradj Moini Citrine Quartz Pearl Necklace
Bridesmaids Photo Courtesy of Date Daily
1. Tarina Tarantino Russian Nouveau Ribbon Necklace 2. Stella & Dot Oslo Necklace 3.Tom Binns ‘Pearls in Peril’ Necklace 4. Tom Binns ‘Pearls in Peril’ Necklace 5. Milly Stretch Silk Butterfly-Sleeved Dress 6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Bowery Dress 7. Red Valentino Sleeveless Dropped-Waist Dress 8. Michael Kors Lace-Print Cashmere Dress
1. Philip Treacy London Disc in Sinamay with Knotted Buntal Bow
Four Weddings and a Funeral Photo Courtesy of KCET
1. Missoni Mare Floppy Wide Brimmed Hat 2. Eric Javits Enchante Wide-Brim Hat 3. Red Valentino Printed Dress 4. Lida Baday Print Cloqué Dress 5. Lida Baday Full Skirt Faille Dress 6. Kate Spade Olivia Dress 7. Philip Treacy London Black Slice
1. Nordstrom Head Wrap
The Way, Way Back Photo Courtesy of IMDb
Ice Photo Courtesy of Pics To Pin
1. Calypso White Sleeveless Linen Button Down 2. Zara Button Down With Pockets 3. Zara Paisley Print Tunic 4. Calypso Hand Block Printed Linen Pant 5. Havaianas Freedom Sandals in Sand Grey/Light Gold
Yo Deb readers, welcome to the seventh installment of our weekly newsflash for all things up-and-coming, ‘Wednesday Obsessions’. We are excited to bring you the latest info on people, places and things being discussed around the world and around the world wide web. Start following us to receive an email each week when a new W.O. post is published!
We recommend picking up the latest issue of Town & Country (June/July 2012 issue) to learn more about the ‘old school’ style of summer camps, the institutions of which are having a great resurgence in the US in number of participants and quality of program. Carry DVDs, snacks and the magazine in SCOUT‘s Uptown Girl in Racey Lacey (the pattern of the summer!).
Purchase large tins of delicious Dale and Thomas Traditional Popcorn; Izze Sodas have natural ingredients and are a thoroughly refreshing treat during the heat of summer; Kaia Chili Lime Kale Chips are a salty and zest version of this healthy, natural snackfood; Chocolate Covered Confections from Ann Marie’s in Minocqua, WI make the perfect sweet snack; grab some Nut Crunches from Fastachi, they’re an easy hand-held version of snacking on mixed nuts.
QUINTESSENTIAL MOVIES AND MOVIE SNACKS:
-the funny summer classics: Caddyshack is the country club classic that follows the idiotic exploits of club and staff members, each one crazier than the next; Meatballs is a coming of age film that chronicles the lives of campers and their camp counselor one summer at Camp North Star; National Lampoon’s Vacation watches the Griswold family drive cross-country as they endure one catastrophe after another at the hands of their reckless (though loving) father and husband, Clark, who just wants to get to Walley World.
-the summer camp classic, both versions: The original Parent Trap is a classic from generation to generation that sheds light on the various experiences at summer camp as well as some not so typical American family dynamics – so perfect for all audiences, this film has stood the test of time even through the release of a second version with an all new cast and reinterpreted plot-line; the newer version of the Parent Trap maintains the sassy pair of twin sisters as well as their unique family dynamics, but this one introduces a couple more character stories that are as funny and charming as the overall tone in the first film.
-the ‘sisterhood’ classics: Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, a classic teenage film based on the original novel about four best girlfriends who spend most of their time together but all of a sudden realize they won’t be near each other for one summer, so they share the ‘traveling pants’ (a pair of jeans) between each experience to help stay in touch; Now and Then, another classic for every group, from young girls to grown women, follows the lives of four best girlfriends from one eventful summer in their 60s suburban town to the present day, where their friendships remain less close but unspoiled.
-the Summer of ’42: Summer of ’42 is a coming of age story of a young, anxious boy’s attempts to portray himself as a man, and, in doing so, he learns of love and loss.