As platforms rise on other shoes, they’ve all but disappeared from pumps, which are making a return to the simple, ladylike styles of the 60s. At heights ranging from kitten heels to sky-high stilettos, these exude accessible elegance.
The menswear trend is moving down to the feet, with oxfords and brogues galore, embellished with piping, perforation, and, of course, color! They’re the perfect companion to other menswear-inspired pieces, like the classic boyfriend jean.
Which pair is your favorite? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter @SCOUTbyBungalow or #scoutbags.
It’s the kind of sandal that can stand up to a day in your busy life, sturdier and more covered up than your basic flip-flop. The looks range from gladiators to cut-out boots.
We’re seeing more boots for spring and summer than we have in years past. In general, they’re lighter and brighter than boots you’d see in fall or winter. Elevate the look with studs, fringe, or colorful details.
Where are you shopping for spring shoes? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter @SCOUTbyBungalow or #scoutbags.
1. Marni Metallic Fringe Mid-Heel Sandals 2. Nicholas Kirkwood Two-Tone Metallic Leather Pumps 3. Brunello Cucinelli Pull-On Metallic Ankle Boot 4. Marni Metallic Low-Heel Bow Sandal 5. Fendi Chameleon Metallic Leather & Satin Sandals 6. Stella McCartney Double-Band Mule Sandals 7. Marni Crisscross-Strap Slingback Sandals
1. Charline De Luca Galatea Graphic-Print Leather Sandals 2. Saint Laurent Paris Cap Toe Pump 105 3. Nicholas Kirkwood Zigzag Suede Point-Toe Pump 4. Ivanka Trump Pointed Toe Pumps 5. Converse Lace Up Platform Sneakers 6. Prada Linea Rossa Hibiscus-Print Mid-Top Sneaker 7. Zara Leather Two-Tone High Heel Court Shoe 8. Mandy Moore Photo
1. Chloé Python Back Zip Knee Boot 2. Miu Miu Metallic Mary Jane Sandal 3. Prada Leopard Ponyhair Loafer 4. Manolo Blahnik Ponyhair BB Pump 5. Prada Saffiano Cap Toe Pump 6. Roger Vivier Shoe Boots 7. SCOUT Rump Stump in Folk Yeah
1. SCOUT Kate Wristlet in Pink Patent
2. Christian Louboutin Cross Ronda Fluorescent Patent Red-Sole Pump
3. Gucci Gloria Patent Leather Ankle Boots
4. Prada Gold-Tone Logo Detail Loafer
1. Christian Louboutin Flo Patent Red Sole Slingback, Rose Matador
2. Gucci Ursula Patent Leather Horsebit Ankle Strap Sandals
3. Brian Atwood Tribeca Patent Leather Platform Sandals
1. SCOUT Kate Wristlet in Black Patent
2. Prada Patent Halter Sandal
3. Yves Saint Laurent Patent Tribute 105
4. Valentino Noir Patent Leather Rockstud Slingback Pumps
1. Acne Elara Square Patent Leather Ankle Boots
2. Valentino Patent Thick-Heel Ankle-Wrap Pump
3. Gucci Patent Leather Horsebit Loafers
“sculpted platforms add a cartoon irreverence to the season… think open- or closed-toe, ladylike ankle straps, saddle-stitching, and contrasting leather/patent leather mixes… detailed with a gilt sole for movie star glam” -DWJ
AVAILABLE IN STORES: Prada Suede Cutout Chunky Wedge
“the gladiator rules the day… ankle straps, studding, two-tone leather mixes, and toe cleavage run the gamut from pancake-flat to uber-high heels for day into evening” -DWJ
AVAILABLE IN STORES: Isabel Marant Charlotte Heel
“flats with attitude range from the super-sleek baby-doll to the bejeweled slipper to the androgynous kiltie to the perforated oxford… making running-around always in fashion” -DWJ
AVAILABLE IN STORES: Church’s Burwood Shoe